Tuesday 15 February 2011

A Day With Alice Dawn

Hi All,

Just another quick update for you on the coming's and going's of life as a photographer! Yesterday I was lucky enough to spend one of the most romantic days of the year with the gorgeous and talented Alice Dawn.

Now, you may be saying "well, of course you did.....she is your girlfriend after all", but we did venture out with a purpose other than merely enjoying each other's company on one of the only sunny days the south-east has seen for a good few weeks: to get some new images for her new website.

Ali had a good idea of what she wanted from the shoot, so we decided to head down to the beach to take advantage of the good weather and get some lovely natural shots. I also took the opportunity to have a proper play with the HD video function on my Canon Eos 5d mkii, as I have not yet really tested it out. I must say that it performed admirably and I can already feel the "I want to shoot more video" bug coming on!

We ended up with some great shots on the day, both stills and video, thanks largely to Ali's very relaxed and natural approach to being in front of the camera. She really is a joy to work with (and no, I am not just saying that ;-) and we are both super happy with the final images.

It was decided that the shots below were the shots of the day, but if you would like to see more, you can see them on Ali's website:

www.alicedawn.co.uk

You can also check out the video on Ali's Youtube channel, MusicAliceDawn here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDmDPB004vs

I hope you enjoyed the images and video. Thanks for checking them out and for reading, hope to see you soon

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment