Wednesday 19 January 2011

Michael Anders Headshots...

hotographer is going from strength to strength at the moment! Thanks to some great people that I have met through friends, family, work or through photography, I am being presented with some fantastic opportunities to really push myself as a photographer and try some completely new things to broaden my horizons and my portfolio.

One such opportunity came about recently through a now good friend of mine, actor Michael Anders. I met Mike through my girlfriend Alice, and a few days ago he called me saying he was in need of some new headshots and was more than happy to agree to my offer of 'having a go and seeing what I could do'.

On Saturday 15th January, after plenty of research and preparation (and any photographers out there who have dabbled in headshots will know just how much research and prep that is!) Mike and I headed out to Kearsney Abbey, on the outskirts of Dover, to find a suitable spot to get some great shots.

Fortunately for us, the rain that had been hanging around for the previous few days had ceased and this left a cloudy but bright sky above, perfect for an evenly-lit outdoor shoot. We managed to get all the images we needed within an hour, so we headed home to download and begin editing.

We had a great time out on the shoot, and I think this comes across in the final images, as I was able to give Mike a collection of natural and relaxed headshots. Mike was a brilliant subject and a very relaxed and patient model and this certainly helped to ease any pressure I was feeling and ensured we were able to produce a set of images that were very well received by both Mike's agent and Mike himself.

Thanks to Mike for the opportunity to shoot these images for him and I hope they lead to a lot more work for you! I certainly had a blast shooting them and look forward to the next one!

Thanks everyone for tuning in. See you next time.

Matt


No comments:

Post a Comment